Today we hear of the invaluable role of the Holy Spirit in our lives (Mt. 10:16-23):
* docility of sheep in the face of aggressive wolves
* simplicity in lifestyle as opposed to greed and hoarding
* wisdom in the context of heated arguments
* courage when confronted by conflict
* peace in the reality and atmosphere of war
The Spirit not only imparts the grace and strength to swim against the current experiences of negativity, but also helps us to rise above the moments and become beacons of light. May we continually yield to the Holy Spirit’s power in our lives.
Come Holy Spirit, and set us on fire with Your love and grace. May we allow You to guide and direct our lives, so that we may be Your light illuminating our world. Amen.